Spotlight: Happy Planner

In looking for a new planner for 2017, I started seeing the disc bound concept.  It interested me.  Then Michael's had a sale on Happy Planners, and I was hooked.  They were pretty and functional.  In my research I was finding that people were actually decorating their planners -- like scrap booking.  There are blogs and Facebook pages dedicated to planner decorating.




So, I anxiously waited for 2017 to start my Happy Planner and I jumped in, combining at least two things I enjoy - organization (though you couldn't tell by looking around my house) and artistic expression (my house wouldn't reflect that either 😃).

It has taken me a while, but I have learned what makes me happy in my decorating.  I love checking my planner and seeing it looking lovely, and I love it when it is time to decorate my next week.

Some things I enjoy about the disc bound concept:

  • I can easily add things.  No clunky ring binders here.  Recently we went on a trip to take my daugther to a writer's conference.  I was able to print out her schedule and add it to my planner so I would be able to see when and where she was supposed to be.  And yes, I took my planner on our trip.
  • I can easily take items out.  I like to schedule my day to help me process what I need to get done.  I add a weekly schedule to my planner and each evening go over the next day.  At the end of the week, I can take that schedule out so that it doesn't bulk up my planner.  I also take out the week I am decorating so the discs and such don't get in the way while I work.  Once decorated, I am able to pop the week back in.
  • There are a lot of decorating options.  As I mentioned, there are blogs and Facebook pages dedicated to decorating planners.  This includes free printables.  But, of course, you don't have to use them, you can use your own creativity to beautify your pages.
  • You can tailor the planner to your needs and wants.  I have seen YouTube videos on how to make your planner into a purse, how to create folders, make custom covers, and more.  Check out what this person did!



For hole punching, I either use my single hole paper punch (see method here) or a single page hole punch for Staple's Arc system that someone gave me.  Maybe one of these days I will upgrade, but in the mean time, I am able to get the job done.

If you decide to check out the options at Michael's, don't forget to go to their website and get their coupons.

Do you use a planner?  Do you decorate it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling Things What They Are Not

Who Loves You Most?

There Is No Turkey Here