Recipe Review: Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

No sugar?  Check.
No flour?  Check.
Easy to make?  Check.
Tastes yummy?  Check!

The recipe has a lot going for it, including nutritious ingredients.  Banana and oats are star players in this.  As I have mentioned before, I am careful about the sugar, so I replaced the chocolate chips with raisins.  The daughter isn't fond of nuts in recipes, so I replaced those with raisins.  Coconut has saturated fat, so I replaced those with...you guessed it, raisins.  Between the raisins, bananas and applesauce, this recipe does not need sugar!  As for the peanut butter, I am guessing you could substitute it with another nut butter, like almond, if you wanted to.

The cookies come together pretty easily, and then I use a cookie scoop to put them on the baking sheet and flatten them a little.  I quadrupled the recipe to have through the weekend for our series of gospel meetings we had recently.

As I write this, I am munching on some of these tasty treats and drinking a cup of hot mocha Teeccino.

If you try the recipe, let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling Things What They Are Not

Who Loves You Most?

There Is No Turkey Here